Gabriel is an aftermarket and original equipment manufacturer of shock absorbers and struts.
- Gabriel has over 1,400 employees in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
- Gabriel products are used in a variety of applications (commercial, industrial and recreational vehicle) under the Gabriel® (U.S. & Canada) and GRC® (Mexico) brand names.
- The company originated the world’s first automotive shock absorber, “The Snubber,” in 1907, and continues today to be a leader in the engineering, design, development and production of shock absorbers in North America.
- The company maintains engineering, manufacturing, warehouse, sales and management offices throughout North America including Troy, Michigan; Chickasha, Oklahoma; Brentwood, Tennessee; and Queretaro, Mexico.
- Acquired from Arvin Meritor
- Sold to MAT Holdings, Inc., December, 2012.